Complaints Procedure

Dissatisfaction with our services


We will always try to provide the best service that we possibly can.  However, if at any time you feel that we are falling short of the standard of service that you expected please let us know and we will look into the matter straightaway and try to put it right.

Please send your complaint to:  Christine Wilson – 


A complaint is an oral or written expressions of dissatisfaction which alleges that the complainant has suffered (or may suffer) financial loss distress inconvenience or detriment.


If despite our efforts you feel that you need to complain, please write to us with details.  We will acknowledge your letter within 7 days and let you know the name of the responsible person in the firm who will be investigating it.  If we are unable to resolve your concerns immediately we will contact you within 28 days thereafter with our proposals for dealing with the matter. The responsible person appointed will either invite you to a meeting to discuss and hopefully resolve the matter or write to you, as is felt appropriate.  If you are not satisfied with his/her decision you may contact us again and another person at the firm will review the decision, confirm our final position and explain to you our reasons.  Thereafter, if you remain dissatisfied you may contact the complaints service of the Legal Ombudsman whose address is PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ. Their telephone number is 03005550333. Website:   unless it is agreed there are good reasons not to do so, the Legal Ombudsman will expect you in the first instance to allow us to consider and respond to your complaint in accordance with the procedure set out above.  


You can refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman up to 6 years from the date of the act/omission or 3 years from when the complainant should have known about the issue.  You can also refer your complaint to the Legal Ombudsman if we have not resolved your complaint within 8 weeks of our receiving it.  The Legal Ombudsman deals with service-related complaints only; it will refer any conduct-related complaints it receives to the Council for Licensed Conveyancers.


If you make a valid claim against us for a loss arising out of work for which we are legally responsible, and we are unable to meet our liability in full, you may be entitled to claim from the Compensation Fund administered by the Council for Licensed Conveyancers (referred to above) from whom details can be obtained.


The work in investigating any complaint received from you will be handled free and no fees will be charged to you at any stage before your submission to the Legal Ombudsman.  From that point their rules will apply.

Scroll to Top